You Fix It Yourself
Search YFIY
HomeArticlesTipsAsk Eli

Ask Eli - Hose Washer?

Posted by


My nozzle for my garden hose sprays water out where it connects to the hose. I have tried it on another hose so I think it is the nozzle but I can't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas? - Ben


You probably need to change the rubber washer inside the nozzle. Take the nozzle off the hose and look in the end where the hose attaches. There should be a rubber washer in there. If there isn't, it may have fallen out. If there is one there, then you should pull it out and put in a new one. They can get hard and crack when they get old. You can buy new garden hose washers at most hardware stores.

Return to Ask Eli Answers

Connect With Us:
Find Us On Facebook:
Join Us On Google+
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
Receive news, site updates and announcements. We will never sell or give away your email address to anyone.
Granite Street Construction Services


Articles | Ask Eli | DYI Tips | Site Map © 2016